Monday, July 7, 2008

Good Cherry, Bad Cherry

Today was long, to say the least. I spent nine and 1/2 hours in an orchard sorting cherries...My back hurts, my feet hurt, and did I say that my back hurts? Anyways, today was very long.

Overall the guys aren't so bad. I know most of them already. But the new guys are getting picked on. *shakes head* The newest guy is very nice and willing to help, but is slow. Not mentally slow, but physically. They were picking up empties and the person driving the tractor sent the newbie over three rows of trees to pick up a stack of empties. There was also talk of tying him to a tree. I sort of feel sorry for him. Not to mention that I think he is cute. Well so does the 11 year old I'm watching. *rolls eyes*

I never want to see cherries on a conveyor belt ever again! I still feel the motion of the belt and see the sea of red Attica cherries. *shakes head* It was horrible! I feel bad for anyone who has to sort cherries - or any fruit for the matter - for every day of the week, because it is their full time job. It sucks and I hate it!

No comments: