Friday, July 11, 2008

What do You do For Fun?

Well, I hope that this question is thought over carefully. Where I live summer fun consists of going swimming in the local river, staying inside (because of the heat), or during twilight hours - if there is a wildfire near by - go fire watching!

Sounds exciting, doesn't it? My thoughts exactly. *shakes head* Fire watching is exactly what I did last night. The fire burned about a 1/4 of a mile while we watched a certain part. Other parts were further because the wind was blowing really hard. Let's just say that the people who have very expensive houses on the top of a near by ridge were getting a little worried. *laughs*

So far the only evacuation notices are at a level one. There are only three levels: one, two, and three. One is stay alert. Two is start packing up you valuables. And three is get the hell out.

My prayers are with everyone who is close to the fire. I hope that the firefighters stay safe, the families in danger stay safe and that everyone keeps a cool head. Two of my friends live close to the fire and are on evacuation notice level one. Also my uncle works for the forest service. He quite often is called out on fires. I just want everyone to stay safe and out of harms way.

Anyways, you now know what hicks (just kidding) do for fun...They watch wildfires!

No comments: