Sunday, July 13, 2008

My Boring Friday Night

Okay, so I lied about the fire. It got so much worse, really, really fast.

Friday night my dad said that we were going to go and get dinner, then go to the gun club and see how far the fire got. I mostly went along to get dinner.

The two of us ended up at his friend's place with the fire right above us. His friend even got a level 2 evacuation notice while we were there. I took a ton of pictures and by the time my dad thought it might be time for us to leave (about ten minutes after we arrived), the highway was closed. We didn't even get the level 3 evacuation notice, even though we were supposed to be leaving. I mean, where would we have gone? The highway was closed.

Here are some pictures. They go from left to right, one row at a time. (I have to remove the photos for now...I’ll re-upload them again in the future...)

As you can see the fire got pretty close. There was only orchard between me and the fire. It was pretty scary. But it was pretty cool at the same time.
We got to my dad's friend's place at about 9 that night and we left at about 11:30 when the road was finally opened. When my dad and I got home we both smelled like smoke and I took a shower. I washed my hair twice and I could still smell smoke.
So that was my boring friday...Yeah, right.

No comments: