Friday, August 15, 2008

Harry Potter and Twilight

My world was turned upside down today. First off I found out that Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (the movie) release had been moved clear into June of 2009. I feel so shocked that the WB could do that to the fans. Yes, I know things have been hard, but really do they want a mob of hard core fans showing up to protest? I wouldn't think so. I was really looking forward to seeing the Harry Potter movie in November. I would have been a chance to see one of my good friends who is going away to college this year. Now, I'll still get to see her, but it won't be for Harry Potter (our one true fix of the last few years). I am so totally bummed that even this next news later today didn't lift me from the sadness.

Twilight (the movie) is now scheduled to come out on the day Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was to come out. Yes, I am also a hard core fan of Twilight, but Harry Potter will be foremost in all of my books and movies. They are my favorite and I have been following Harry's story since fourth grade.

I know, I know I'll just have to accept the fact that I'll have to trade my greatest love for my second greatest, but it just isn't right in my mind. Now my count down is seriously screwed up, for both events!!

How could you do this!? Why, WB, why? I feel as I just found out my birthday was going to be a year late. How could they do this? Do they really want one of the biggest fan bases against them? Well, probably not, but maybe they weren't thinking that...Maybe they weren't thinking at all. Just like all the other movie/tv companies. They just don't think. Don't even get me started on CBS and Moonlight. *shakes head*

I am just so sad.

No comments: